Galerej | Great wines from an extraordinary land Galerej | Great wines from an extraordinary land
Barbera d'Alba
Download pdf

Download pdf

 
 

Grape-variety: Barbera 100%
Yield in wine: 70%
Average yield: 60 hl per hectare

Growing location: this Barbera d'Alba is made from a careful selection of grapes grown at Galarej’s vineyards.

Vineyard features: mid- and upper-hillside vineyards with excellent exposures on soil packed with compact clayey marl mixed with calcareous marl.

Wine-making process: the fermentation takes place in stainless steel tanks. After 7-8 days on the skins at a temperature of 28-30° C, followed by a rapid malolactic fermentation. At the end of the wine-making process, in January, the wine is transferred into wood for the maturation: 60% is aged in large French and Slavonian oak casks, while the remaining 40% is stored in small barrels (225 and 300 litres) made of medium-toasted French and American oak. The two parts are then blended prior to bottling. Its characteristics allow it to be aged for a further 6-8 years.

Tasting characteristics: the colour is deep ruby-red when young, it tends to garnet-red on ageing. It has a rather intense, characteristic nose which is flowery and fruity at the same time, with nice light overtones of wood, spices and vanilla. The flavour is full, persistent, nicely dry and velvety. The wine is already perfect to drink two years after the vintage. Its character and personality will be completed by a further period of ageing in the bottle.

Alcohol content: 13.5% Vol.

Pairings: this is a wine which deserves to be served with big dishes. Excellent with full-flavour dishes, meats and cheeses.

Serving temperature: 16-17° C
Bottle size: Lt. 0.375; Lt. 0.75

 
Barbera d'Alba
 

Galarej 2017 © - Serralunga d’Alba (Cn) - Italy - Phone: +39.0173.626.142 - Email: info@galarej.it - P.iva 01197120528 - Legal Notices

Powered by Blulab